As much as people want to know how to make a relationship work, how to get others to love me, how to convince your crush to like you back. There are also some people who are in such a situation where they want to know how to stop liking someone.
Time doesn’t remain the same always. One day you seek help to get someone to love you and the other day you are doing it to just unlike and forget them.
- 1 HOW TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE-WHAT IS THE REASON
- 2 HOW TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE
- 3 8 STEPS TO FOLLOW
- 3.1 1 MAKE YOUR MIND TO STOP LIKING HIM/HER
- 3.2 2 TRY TO REMEMBER HIS/HER NEGATIVE THINGS
- 3.3 3 BLOCK HIM/HER FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
- 3.4 4 JUST THROW OUT ALL THE STUFF YOU RECEIVED FROM HIM/HER
- 3.5 5 DON’T GO THE PLACES WHERE YOU GO WITH HIM/HER
- 3.6 MORE FROM LYFLINEZ
- 3.7 6 KEEP YOURSELF ACTIVE AND BUSY
- 3.8 7 MEET WITH HIS FRIENDS TO FIND SOMETHING BAD ABOUT HIM
- 3.9 8 BE REALISTIC IN YOUR THOUGHTS
- 4 IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER ONCE YOU STOP LIKING SOMEONE
HOW TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE-WHAT IS THE REASON
Now the question raises why you want to stop liking someone. You must be clear with the reasons that these are the solid reasons to stop liking. Take time and think peacefully, whether you are seriously want to quit with your partner.
MAKE PEACE WITH THE FACT “WHY YOU WANT TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE”
Yes first and foremost step to stop liking or loving someone is to be clear why you are going to take such a decision. Is this your own choice, did you both decided it mutually?
Is there any external factor involved like family pressure or educational/job pressure etc?
You need to figure this thing out first.
Now, if this is your choice then look upon the fact that are you making such a decision with a content mind. You are doing this out of some anger or some kind of stupid revenge.
Because if you are making this decision out of anger or some silly stupid revenge then one day or another. You are going to fall for them again once your anger level will cool down.
And you won’t need to follow all the following steps to unlike them because you won’t be wanting to do so.
YOU SHOULD TALK TO YOUR PARTNER BEFORE STOP LIKING HIM/HER
If you are taking this decision with mutual consultation then you need to figure out how are you both ending up on a peaceful note or on an ugly fight.
You are making this decision in a peaceful way then it would be easier to unlike them by indulging in different healthy activities and distractions.
Both you are ending it up with an ugly fight then it would be easier by following the different get over techniques.
Both ways of helping you unlike and move on will be discussed in the following steps.
If you are taking this step out of pressure from family or some educational/job pressure. Then you have to first digest this thing and then to realize and understand your mindset if you have accepted the decision or not.
If you have accepted it then you can move on but if you haven’t then try to get to a point have you make this decision on your own will. Decisions made in pressure sometimes lead to un-satisfaction.
You are not asked to rebel against the decision of your family or the situation but to accept that decision to move on.
HOW TO STOP LIKING SOMEONE
8 STEPS TO FOLLOW
When you clear with the fact that you want to stop liking him/her. Now comes the second step of working upon or implementation. What should you do to forgetting or stop liking someone? Try out the following techniques to stop liking them.
1 MAKE YOUR MIND TO STOP LIKING HIM/HER
The first step you need to follow is to be consciously aware of the fact that YES I want to stop liking him/her. Prepare your mind to leave him/her. You must be ready to accept this fact that it is happening to stop liking him.
Have closure- Crying is allowed
Too, unlike someone, you have to let go of the emotions you have for them. You have to let your tears roll for at least once to get your heart get settled downed and to finally have the closure.
Once or matter how many times you want to cry, When you let your tears roll out then it would be much easier to get enter into the phase of un-liking them.
2 TRY TO REMEMBER HIS/HER NEGATIVE THINGS
Write down the things you didn’t like about them. At first, you may feel that there was nothing bad about him but once you set down to think and write then you will definitely get a list at least a page long.
The bad things don’t require to be only the big bad things like he was not faithful. But you could also add the habits like he/she was never on time, Or didn’t like your favorite restaurant.
Once you will make the list, start to make a list about what qualities you will look forward to your future lover to have. This thing will help you move on and too unlike him for all the habits they had which you didn’t want them to have.
And for the future, you will look for someone who has the qualities from your quality list. ( No one is perfect, you cannot find someone perfect but can find someone and then can make the circumstances perfect accordingly)
3 BLOCK HIM/HER FROM SOCIAL MEDIA
Block him from all social media platforms. Don’t even think twice about doing that. If possible you can also take a little break from social media until you are ready to move on. You have to take this bold step to stop liking him.
Otherwise, you will fail to leave him. So buddy, be brave and block him/her from facebook, Instagram, and other platforms.
4 JUST THROW OUT ALL THE STUFF YOU RECEIVED FROM HIM/HER
When we are in a relationship with someone, we exchange gifts and other stuff. These are the things which never stop to liking him/her. With a heavy heart, you have to throw all the stuff and presents you received from him/her.
If you have any pictures or letters, or any other goods that are related to him just burn them! Yes, burn them. Throwing it away won’t be as much as effective as much it will be to burn them yourself. This will help you get over him/her.
Try to read the letters for the last time to make yourself realize that all those promises and love-filled talks were meaningless. Same with the pictures, recall the moments you captured. Recall them with anger. This will give you satisfaction and the courage to move on.
5 DON’T GO THE PLACES WHERE YOU GO WITH HIM/HER
There was a time when both of you were a friend and went together in a lot of places. These are the sweet memories related to him/her.
Now you decided already that you want to stop liking him/her. It’s time to take some strict actions. You have to leave those places where you go with him/her. Because whenever you go there, it will remind you of that person. So leave those places.
Also, avoid going to places where he/she could be present. If you are in the same educational institute or working place then avoid getting together in your spare time. If you have some friends then try to make more friends so you can hangover with new friends with he/she is with your old friends.
MORE FROM LYFLINEZ
- Motivation is defined by Psychologists as Needs and Desires
- One sided friendship-10 Big reasons behind it
- Why life is hard-Every phase of life has its own hardships
6 KEEP YOURSELF ACTIVE AND BUSY
Change the track of your routine. Try new stuff, Go to new places, visit your friends more often. Watch movies/seasons more, read more.
Whatever works for you do it. This distraction is necessary. Having a new routine will help you forget them more easily.
You must try to indulge yourself in some healthy types of activities so your mind will be busy and you will not think about someone.
7 MEET WITH HIS FRIENDS TO FIND SOMETHING BAD ABOUT HIM
If the first technique to get over your crush doesn’t completely work for you then go talk to his/her friends, not with the intention to fall in love with them but with the intention to discover the factors which make you incompatible. The things discovered could be in your crush or in your own self.
If you have a crush on someone and you want to stop liking him because you cannot have him, then all you have to do is to look for the things that you may find stupid about him.
Talk to their friends and discover any of his/her habit that is annoying to you or you feel that “oh how someone could be like that”. The crush is gone. It happens, you can try this.
8 BE REALISTIC IN YOUR THOUGHTS
Be realistic. When you get to the point where you want to stop liking someone. Then starts to see things realistically. Forget all the fantasies that what if I do this or that then I could still keep on liking him/her.
Such thoughts are needed to be discarded. All you need to do is to be realistic. Accept what is happening. Accept the fact that you have to move on and to prepare yourself for the future.
Realizing that you cannot have him now and all I have to do is to prepare myself to fight this phase; it is what you need to do.
IMPORTANT POINTS TO REMEMBER ONCE YOU STOP LIKING SOMEONE
- Don’t repeat the mistakes that led you to dislike someone.
- Spend more and more time with yourself. Learn about yourself. What you like or dislike. Your aims, desires, potentials, capacities. This is the time to give to yourself.
- Make clear notes that what you want in life or how you want life to be in the future. Having a clear image in mind will help you avoid any further heartbreaks in the future.
- When you find someone that you think is the ONE. The first thing you need to discuss with him is how you have thought the life would be, listen to him/her as well. Then settle to see if you both fall in the same agreements or not.
- If you both want the same in life or have agreed to one point about how to lead the life then carry on. But if you both don’t want the same things in life or feel that you both cannot make it to the end then just stop it right there! don’t proceed to have any false hopes.
- This will lead you to another heartbreak and that could be worse because that would not be your first time.
- People say maturity comes with age but that’s not true. Maturity comes with experience and exposure.
- With your experience of moving on and letting go will get you to the level where you will start to feel mature and would become wise and content in the future.
Having feelings for someone is very appealing, but to stop liking them is quite a difficult job. In this article, we have discussed all the steps you need to follow while being in the process of un-liking someone. Following the above-mentioned steps is really going to help get over that someone you wanted to not liking anymore.
- Giving up on love-Complete guide on how to save your love
- Love Hate Relationship-8 Clear signs of Love Hate Relationship
- Ultimate Guide On Nothing Makes Me Happy in 2020